Small Horse Talk

Model Horse Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Getting to Liveshows ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:01 pm 

I haven't been to any Liveshow this year in UK and last year I've been to one... I would like to go to Liveshows but as I don't need a car to get to work I don't own one and I don't want to buy one just so I can visit a few Liveshows a year. Cheltenham has a really good Railway station but still anytime i consider a Liveshow it turns out I'd have to start really early, change two or three times or more just to arrive about lunch time... I don't have many holidays to take so driving Fridays is not allways an option and then I have to carry more baggage and sleep somewhere...
Then I lived in Germany I've been to quit a few Liveshows, I had a car but I'm 100% sure I would have been to Liveshows almost as much without one.Why ? Because we do pick each other up , there is a Forum in one board just to organize those pick ups and even without we'd always managed. I almost allways picked other people up , very happily did so, because gas is expensive and if you share your car with two other hobbiest everyone pays a third of said gas costs. Besides it can be fun... but of course the car gets packed to the limit... My question is is there any chance like this in UK ? I guess like allways I'm just not looking good enough... because if noone can pick me up, I won't be able to come to Liveshows...